Administrative process

Film Permit

General film permit (on the national level)

The first and main document you must be provided with in order to be allowed to prepare production and shoot in Cambodia is the General film permit delivered by the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts. We can assist you in this first step (delay mentioned below).

  • Permit for Feature film (average process of 15 working days)
  • Permit for Documentary / Commercial / Short / TV show / Clip / Photo shoot (average process of 5 working days)

The General Film Permit is the key document that allows you to process other requests and authorizations. It is thus essential to ensure that your request file is complete as much as possible, even before you arrive in Cambodia. CFC will assist you in meeting the main requirements.

Local film permit (Provinces, municipalities and other local authorities)

The General film permit allows you to request the approval or permits from regional/local governments when necessary. Nevertheless, once the national (general) permit has been granted, local permits are easily granted.

Share your filming location list with the CFC to assist you in securing all necessary additional authorizations and ensure a smooth preparation.

Special Film permit (for specific places)

Examples: Angkor Archeological Park, Royal Palace, Museums, temples, schools, hospitals, national parks etc.

In case some of your film locations require to be shot in some specific public related sites, it is mandatory to contact the relevant ministry or authority in order to obtain a permission.

Different fees apply and we strongly recommend to submit all necessary documents at least 10 working days prior to the shooting. Please contact CFC to know more about the permit process for specific sites.

Aerial Shooting Drone Permit

In the event you wish to film “off the ground”, from an elevated position and use an aerial shooting drone, a special film permit is required and additional requirements may apply depending on the lcoation (see document on Local film permit).

Custom clearance

The Temporary import license (or tax free request)

This is a special incentive provided by the government to allow any foreign film production to import and export film related equipment free of taxes, for a limited time. This includes costumes, props, any non-consumable items.

Note that the General Film Permit is mandatory to benefit from that incentive.

Check out our Customs guide for specific imports, such as: Vehicles, Weapons and explosives, Military, Police costumes and accessories, Animals, Medicines.

Note: in order to be able to shoot as soon as you arrive, the CFC can facilitate the whole process before your arrival (by e-mail). Once all documents are provided, 48 hours are required to process the authorization and obtain the Temporary import license.
It is also possible to organize all the formalities at your arrival in Cambodia.

Visa of entry


Whatever the length of your stay, you need to apply for a visa, obtained on presentation of a passport with a validity of at least 6 months after entering the country.
The visa can be obtained upon arrival (except from some countries where you will need to apply at the closest Embassy or Consulate of the Kingdom of Cambodia in your country).
For a stay of one month, renewable once, a tourist visa is enough. For a longer stay, apply for a one-month business Visa (K?), which can be extended 1, 3, 6 month(s) and up to one year in the country.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.